Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

{Angel Fluff Cakes}


So, today… is the day when we are either showered in gifts by our husbands and children, or declared to that “you are not my mother”, by those we married.
I hope you got the former, not the latter!

My lovely 14 year old Bean took me out for lunch (the husband had to work). He laid out $25 in allowance money for it too. What a sweetie. :)
This evening, I had my inlaws (outlaws! ha), my grandmother-in-law, my parents, and my grandmother over for a cookout. I made these lil beauties for dessert.I’ve heard the recipe referred to as Angel Lush Cake. However, my grandmother used to made a dessert called Pineapple Fluff that contained the very ingredients as the topping I used here.
So.. to me, this makes them Pineapple Fluff Cakes.
But you know me, I’m all about compromise, so I declare these… Angel Fluff Cakes!
These are the perfect summer treat. They are light, they are fluffy, they are low in fat and calories- um.. if you are into that kinda thing.
Whatever.
You can eat these on a 93 degree, dripping hot, humid, sticky, gross Ohio (or wherever, I just type what I know people), and not feel like you just consumed a brick after.
Did I mention they are yummy?

So, what you need here, is
A. An Angel Food Cake recipe.
Or
B. An Angel Food Cake Boxed Mix.
I choose B.
Because I didn’t have a dozen egg whites and a mass amount of patience.
I’ve heard both are required for making an Angel Food Cake from scratch.
I would not know from experience. Hey, cut me some slack. I’m no Alton Brown!
Anyhoo…
Mix according to directions, then spoon into cupcake liners. Isn’t Angel Food batter pretty?
IMG_4819

I got 45 cupcakes from my box. Crazy cakes, eh?
Note, I did not have enough fluff to cover all of these cakes. I had enough for about 32 of them.
While that is baking, mix up your fluff.

1 Box Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 20oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 1/2 cups Frozen Topping, thawed (aka Cool Whip)
IMG_4826

Stir until well blended.
Place in fridge until the cupcakes are totally cooled.
Then, plop on top of your cupcakes.
IMG_4840

Top with strawberries or with other fruit.

IMG_4835

and.. that’s it! Easy… quick.. refreshing.

Here’s the printable.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommies out there in cyberland!

~Tina

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! Love your photos for this recipe; very nice m'dear! I've made Angel Food cake one time, and it went pretty well. Since you've got your kitchen aid mixer, it would be no problem. ;-)

    Thanks for sharing this recipe! The pineapple fluff sounds so yummy. Mmmmm....would love to have some right about now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these look delicious! I love strawberries in the summer. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...