Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

{ New Year Rising Mocktail }


I don’t drink, so I’m pretty cocktail dumb.

I found several cocktail recipes that called for Grenadine. I had to google that to see if it had alcohol in it.

Um.. it doesn’t. This is good news for me.

Then I couldn’t find it in the alcohol aisle at the grocery store.

And I totally felt too stupid to ask at customer service.

So, 20+ minutes later, I found it. It’s with the drink mixes for those who are as booze slow as me.

ANYWAY, Long story… uh…long, I wanted to make a cocktail (ya know, without alcohol) for New Year’s Eve.

I totally planned on making Mock Champagne, but I also had the ingredients for Shirley Temple on my grocery list.

Wouldn’t ya know it, I bought the wrong stuff.

So… Shirley it is.

Only, how NOT cool is that name?

All respect to The Dimpled One, but I’m thinking my houseful of teenagers are not going to approve.
So, rename time!

I’ve dubbed this New Year Rising because of the way that the Grenadine sits at the bottom of the glass & the orange stays on top. It looks like a sunrise.

Dontcha think?

Anyhoo, this pup is easy.


NYRising

 New Year Rising Cocktail
(aka Shirley Temple)

1 Can of Frozen Orange Pineapple Juice Concentrate
 1/2  2-liter of Lemon Lime Soda OR Ginger Ale (chilled)
Grenadine
maraschino cherries
**note, if you like more fizziness, add more soda

Mix Orange Pineapple concentrate with only TWO cans of water (instead of the 3 it calls for) in a punch bowl.

Add 1/2 of the 2 liter
stir together.

In clear glasses, fill 3/4 of the way with the orange mix. Then pour in a bit (like a Tablespoon) of Grenadine.

Drop in a cherry.

Serve with umbrella for extra festiveness!

Pretty!

So, enjoy a cuppa ‘New Year Rising’ while 2012 makes it’s appearance!

All the best to you in the new year, thanks so much for reading my blog!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...