Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{ Christmas Pop }




 Let me tell you a merry, merry Christmas story.

The Bean has decided to give his closest friends all gifts this year. They are from his own allowance and all under $5. Just little token, 'it's the thought that counts' type of gifts. He's buying for several though, so last night he had a lot gifts to wrap.

After showing him the basics of wrapping (and my awesome Mickey Mouse paper is gridded on the back for easy measuring), I left him to his own devices while I cooked supper. About 30 minutes later I wandered back in to the Family Room, where he loudly, and aggressively exclaimed:

"Wrapping presents sucks!"

"I hate wrapping presents. It's stoopid!", I said.

"I'm never wrapping presents again!", he growled.

*me, gesticulating wildly at the large mound of gifts I had wrapped earlier in the day*

"Yeah, thanks for wrapping them, but you never have to again. You can just put them in a grocery bag!", he said.

"I feel like that would kinda suck.", I pondered.

"Yeah, probably. So, yeah, thanks for wrapping my presents, Mom.", he says again.

 Does anyone like wrapping presents? I feel like there probably are people out there.

But I don't know them. Or understand them. 

I mean, I LIKE for my presents to look neat and pretty (and they HAVE to coordinate. No mish mash of papers here, sorry), but I do not like the process.

Or the .32 milliseconds it takes for all of my hard work to be destroyed.

Sigh.

You know what I do like? 


Also, I like chocolate and mint.

See all my chocolate & mint posts here

Well, all of those things come together in this creation.

 This is a quick, simple, no skill required recipe (just be careful with the hot chocolate!). It's also an easy to adapt recipe, just put whatever candies in you wish!

Christmas Popcorn
Recipe by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers
(easily doubled, tripled, etc, if you are serving a crowd)

1 bag of popcorn, popped, unpopped kernels removed
1 1/2 cups of Rice Chex Cereal
2 Squares white melting chocolate (almond bark)*
12 Andes Chocolate Mints*

Candy Canes
SnoCaps
Assorted Christmas Sprinkles

*you can use more of either chocolate if you like

Lay out a sheet of wax paper/foil/parchment.

Pour your popped corn (unpopped kernels removed) onto it. Sprinkle the Chex cereal over.

Melt your white chocolate, 30 seconds at time and stirring at the 30 second mark, until fully melted.
Drizzle onto your popcorn and Chex.

Melt the Andes Mints, 15 seconds at a time and stirring at the 15 second mark, until fully melted.
Drizzle over your popcorn & Chex.

Let cool for about 5 minutes, then toss lightly to coat.

While the chocolates are still wet, sprinkle with crushed candy canes, SnoCaps, and Christmas Sprinkles.



This would also be great with M&Ms.
Add in any other candies you like.

Just play around and have fun with it.
You can also use regular chocolate in place of the white.



Pretty, quick, easy, festive, and fun.
Oh, and it tastes goood!





Happy Christmas!
Tina

3 comments:

  1. Sweet and salty popcorn? You KNOW I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About how much popped corn is this? I don't have any microwave popcorn, just the old fashioned kind.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...