Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

{Soft Iced Pineapple Cookies}


I know I've mentioned my BFF Lori on the blog before. She's even behind some of the recipes here, like Strawberry Filled Cupcakes, Holy Moses Dip, and she introed me to the current most popular recipe on my blog, Buckeye Bites.

For a long time, she has told me about her great grandmother's Pineapple Cookies. Sounds good, eh?
These are a definite memory for Lori. She says she cannot remember a time when she went to visit her grandmother that these were not present.

I can see why.




They are soft and lightly citrusy.

When I say soft, I mean, I want to curl up and use one for a pillow. They are tender and delicious.

I made a 1/2 a recipe. I live with picky people, folks. 2 days later and there are 5 cookies left. FIVE. Even a 1/2 of this recipe makes A LOT of cookies (about 3 dozen).

Gone. People. Gone.

So, saying they were a hit, well, now that would be quite the understatement.

I believe these will be a new summer standby cookie. A soft sugar cookie with a pineapple twist? Perfect for summer.


Tres yummy.


Thanks Lori!

I'll be buying stock in pineapple after this!


Tina



Soft Iced Pineapple Cookies
Recipe by Margaret Cameron


 Cookies
1 Cup butter
1
Cup sugar
1
Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1
Cup crushed pineapple (drained)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4
Cup flour
2
teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1 Tablespoon pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 Cup nuts ( optional )


Cream butter and sugar together. Add well beaten eggs. Beat in crushed pineapple and vanilla. Add baking soda which has been dissolved in 1 Tablespoon pineapple juice. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Gradually add this to the other ingredients. Mix in nuts, if desired. Beat well. Drop by teaspoon onto greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. bake at 350* for 12 mins.

Icing
1/3 Cup softened butter
1/4 Cup pineapple juice
2 Cup powder sugar


Melt butter, stir in pineapple juice and powdered sugar. Whisk until glossy. Spoon onto cooled cookies or dip tops of cookies into the glaze.


7 comments:

  1. They sound delicious! I have a question about the pineapple..is that with or without the juice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lora. The original recipe didn't really say, but I did squeeze out the juice.

    I'll update the recipe with that info.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep 1/4 cup of the juice for the icing and drain off the rest.... sorry about leaving that out, when I gave you the recipe, lol....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pineapple so this recipe is right up my alley! However, I never have enough time to make cookies so I wonder if it would turn out if I made this into a bar?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I'm not sure. They are very soft and cake like. I'm not positive how they'd hold up in bar form.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the response! I may try it one day when I have the ingredients laying around (I bake a lot so I usually do) and if I do, I'll report back with how it turns out :)

      Delete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...