Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, December 9, 2013

{Caramel Crunch Party Mix}



I'm panicking here, my friends.

PANICKING. There's 16 days til Christmas and I've got so, so much to do. I've got to finish up my shopping, of course, but I also do all the Christmas shopping for my almost 94 year old grandmother. I've got events for youth group, a party here at my house, an orthodontist appointment, holiday baking/candy making, cleaning, wrapping.... Well, you all know the drill. Normally I am way further in my shopping than I am. I started in August, so, you'd think I'd be further along, but no.

So, quick and easy is definitely my friend. This is a very easy snack, great for parties. I'll be adding this one to my holiday giving trays.

This is a play on Caramel Corn and Chex Mix. And, well, it's delicious!

This mix is based off of my Caramel Corn.

You can throw in extras if you like too, of course. Nuts, sprinkles, etc. Yum.

Here's the down low:

Make up some caramel, pour it over the cereal, bake for 45 mins, stirring every 15. Let cool, break apart clumps, add in pretzels and M&Ms. Done.


Delicious.


I hope to be back before Christmas, but if I'm not, you'll know why!

The panic got me!

Tina


Reindeer Crunch Party Mix
by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
5 cups Rice Chex
2 cups Cheerios
1/2 cup M&Ms
1 cup chocolate covered pretzles

Preheat oven to 200 F

Pour the cereal into a large, greased baking pan.

Combine butter, brown sugar, salt, & corn syrup in a pan, and heat over medium heat. Bring to a boil stirring constantly, boil 3 mins, then remove from heat. Add in the baking soda. Whisk well.

Pour caramel over cereal slowly, toss into all of it. Try to break up large clumps.

Bake for 45 mins, stirring after every 15 mins  (each time trying to break up any clumps).

Pour onto foil and allow to cool. Once cool, if any clumps remain, break. Pour into large bowl, toss in M&Ms and pretzels. Enjoy!

Store in airtight container.


1 comment:

  1. This is genius. Two of my favorite foods, together. Genius, I say! (Is it sad that two of my favorite foods are caramel and cereal? Wait...don't answer that. Of course it's not!)

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...