Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, March 31, 2014

{Nutella Krispy Treats}


I really hate spoilers. Yet, I somehow end up always being the spoiled one. I think it's written somewhere, "And Tina shall have all the shows cast upon her spoiled. And so it was."

It's not even just shows. I knew about Snape killing Dumbledore before the book release. I looked Rory Williams up on wiki before we saw the Doctor Who episodes with him as a companion. I ended up finding out basically the entire story arch. That stuff is never supposed to be in the opening lines of a wiki article, people. I searched (I'm not sure what now), something entirely innocent having to do with The Walking Dead, and ended up finding out who survives the comic book series. I knew what happened this season on Downton Abbey with Anna. I knew how Breaking Bad ended. I'm just a spoiler magnet. No fair! *pouts*

A couple weeks ago I googled Call The Midwife to see when Series 3 was arriving on PBS. It was last night. DON'T GOOGLE CALL THE MIDWIFE. The first return is a spoiler for the season finale. Thank you very much Huff Post UK. Now, I don't know how this said spoiler happens, but I know too much. Blergh.

Yes, I'll still watch, but still. Hmph.

Call The Midwife, if you don't know, is an EXCELLENT show. It's a BBC show, but much like Downton, it doesn't come to BBCA, but to PBS here in the States. The first 2 series (seasons) of the show are on Netflix streaming. Watch ittttt.

The show is about Midwives in London's East End during the 50's. I love it.

Anyway, after spoilers, I need snacks, because who doesn't.

Here's a quick and easy way to dress up some Krispy Treats... Nutella!



It takes Krispy Treats to the next level. Drizzle with chocolate to make them even more 'gourmet'. ;)

And yes, I totally think Krispy Treats can be gourmet. Gourmet doesn't mean hard, it means amazing!

Krispy Treats are anything but hard, of course!

You know what's hard?

Me avoiding spoilers...

Tina


Nutella Krispy Treats

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
10 ounces marshmallows
6 cups crispy rice cereal (for extra chocolatey, use cocoa rice cereal)
1/2 cup Nutella

melted chocolate for drizzling

In a large sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter. Add in marshmallows, and stir constantly until fully melted. Mix in nutella. Pour in cereal, and toss until evenly coated. Pour into 9x13 baking dish prepared with cooking spray and press into pan. When cooled, turn out onto foil and drizzle with melted chocolate.








1 comment:

  1. These look yummy! And I know what you mean about the spoilers thing. Just once I'd like to experience a story or character arc without hearing mismatched pieces of it before. The only one I can think of that was a genuine surprise to me was the whole River Song thing....which makes sense if you think about it, because spoilahs!
    ~Maya :):

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...