Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Friday, May 30, 2014

{ Blackberry Lemonade }



Hey, hey, hey... I know June 21 is still far off, but as I watch the thermometer hit 90, I can, without a doubt, state it is SUMMER in the OH.

Our pool is open, the sunblock is purchased, and school is OUT.

Summer? BRING IT.

Like last summer, Bean has made a to-do list for the weeks ahead. We are pretty excited about it. We had a great time last year, and completed the list, less one (we never did get ALL of the River Song Doctor Who episodes watched in order of her timeline).

A few of the things on this year's list are: Watch a Thunderstorm from the porch, lay in the yard and look at stars, play more board games, try a new restaurant, see The Fault in Our Stars movie,  go thrift shopping, go to Coldstone, Harry Potter marathon,The Hobbits and The Lord of the Rings marathon, drive and see where it leads, and much more.

I feel pretty fortunate that my 17 year old son wants to spend that much time with me, so, I'm planning to soak it all in! This upcoming year will be his last year of High School! Sad momma bear.

I guess drown my sorrows in this lemonade.


Simple and beautiful. This starts with a powdered mix and ends with yum.

Whatever your plans this summer, I hope you take a moment, put your feet up with a cool glass of lemonade, and soak it all in.

Happy Summer!

Tina

See also: Strawberry Lemonade
Frozen Strawberry Lemonade

Blackberry Lemonade

by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

Powdered lemonade mix to make 2 quarts (I prefer Country Time)
6 oz to 1/2 pint of blackberries, washed
2 Tablespoons sugar (more to taste)

Mix lemonade as stated on back of package in a 2 quart pitcher.

Add blackberries to food processor. Mix until pureed.

Strain through a sieve or cheesecloth. Stir in sugar. Pour into prepared lemonade. Stir well.

Stir again before serving.

Keeps about 2 days in the refrigerator.


1 comment:

  1. I'm gutted that we can't get these ingredients in England because this looks absolutely delicious!

    I hope your Summer plans go well, it sounds like you have some lovely things planned on your list :)

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbiebakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...